Scope and policies
Focus and Scope
Missionalia is the journal of the Southern African Missiological Society (SAMS). It is published three times a year (April, August and November). As a SAPSE–accredited journal Missionalia publishes research articles that contribute new knowledge to the field of Missiology.
Editorial, Article and Book Reviews
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single–spaced; uses a 12–point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer–reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
LOGIN if already have a Username & Password for Missionalia: Southern African Journal of Missiology or
GO TO REGISTRATION to obtain Username/Password?
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
[About the journal] [Editorial
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under
Southern African Journal of Missiology
Department of Christian Spirituality, Church History and Missiology, University of South Africa,
PO Box 392, Unisa, Pretoria, Gauteng, ZA, 0003,
Tel: +27 12 429 4967