DUNN, RN. Musculoskeletal burden of disease: do we have any idea?. SA orthop. j. [online]. 2012, vol.11, n.2, pp.20-22.
2. Provincial Government Western Cape Provincial Treasury Regional Development Profile: City of Cape Town 2010 Working paper http://www.capegateway.gov.za [ Links ]
3. Vavken P, Dorot R. Burden of musculoskeletal disease and its determination by urbanicity, socioeconomic status, age, and sex: results from 14,507 subjects. Arthritis Care & Research Vol. 63, No. 11, November 2011, pp 1558-64 DOI 10.1002/acr.20558 [ Links ]
4. Grimaldi-Bensouda L, Begaud B, Lert F, et al. Benchmarking the burden of 100 diseases: results of a nationwide representative survey within general practices. BMJ Open 2011;1: e000215. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2011- 000215 [ Links ]
5. Woolf AD, Pfleger B. Special theme - Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2003;81:646-56. [ Links ]
6. Lohmander LS, Engesster LB, Herberts P, Ingvarsson T, Lucht U, Puolakka TJ. Standardized incidence rates of total hip replacement for primary hip osteoarthritis in the 5 Nordic countries: similarities and differences Acta Orthopaedica 2006;77(5):733-40,733. [ Links ]
7. Jameson SS, Dowen D, James P, Serrano-Pedraza D, Reed MR, Deehan DJ. The burden of arthroscopy of the knee: a contemporary analysis of data from the English NHS. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011 Oct;93(10):1327-33. [ Links ]