JONES, Martin; STANDER, Maryna; VAN ZYL, Marlene
CAMERON, David. Recall of lost-to-follow-up pre-antiretroviral therapy patients in the Eastern Cape: effect of mentoring on patient care. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.9, pp. 768-769.
2. Department of Health. National Strategic Plan on HIV, STI and TB 2012 - 2016. Pretoria: DoH, 2012. http://www.doh.gov.za/docs/stratdocs/2012/NSPfull.pdf (accessed 8 April 2012). [ Links ]
3. Walensky R, Wood R, Weinstein MC, et al. Scaling up antiretroviral therapy in South Africa: the impact of speed on survival. J Infect Dis 2008;197:1-9. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/587184] [ Links ]
4. Department of Health. Clinical Mentorship Manual for Integrated Services. Pretoria: DoH, 2011. http://www.doh.gov.za/docs/policy/2011/clinicalmentorship.pdf (accessed 8 April 2012). [ Links ]
5. World Health Organization. Recommendation for Clinical Mentoring to support Scale-Up of HIV Care, Antiretroviral Therapy and Prevention in Resource-Constrained Settings. Geneva: WHO, 2006. http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/guidelines/clinicalmentoring.pdf (accessed 8 April 2012). [ Links ]
6. Population Of. Population of Graaff Reinet. http://population-of.com/en/South-Africa/05/Graaff_Reinet/ (accessed 8 April 2012). [ Links ]
7. Rosen S, Fox M. Retention in HIV care between testing and treatment in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review. PLoS Medicine 2011;8(7):e1001056. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001056] [ Links ]
8. Larson B, Brennan A, McNamara L, et al. Early loss to follow-up after enrolment in pre-ART care at a large public clinic in Johannesburg, South Africa. Top Med Int Health 2010;15(1):43-47. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02511.x] [ Links ]
9. Amuron B, Namara G, Birungi J, et al. Mortality and loss to follow-up during the pre-treatment period in an antiretroviral therapy programme under normal service conditions in Uganda. BMC Public Health 2009;9:290. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-9-290] [ Links ]
10. Rosen S, Ketlhapile M. Cost of using a patient tracer to reduce loss to follow-up and ascertain patient status in a large antiretroviral therapy program in Johannesburg, South Africa. Top Med Int Health 2010;15(1):98-104. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02512.x] [ Links ]
11. Geng EH, Glidden DV, Emenyonu N, et al. Tracking a sample of patients lost to follow-up has a major impact on understanding determinants of survival in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in Africa. Top Med Int Health 2010;15(1):63-69. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02507.x] [ Links ]
12. McGuire M, Munyenyembe T, Szumilin E, et al. Vital status of pre-ART and ART patients defaulting from care in rural Malawi. Top Med Int Health 2010;15(S1):55-62. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02504.x] [ Links ]
13. Bower DJ, Diehr S, Morzinski JA, Simpson DE. Support-challenge-vision: a model for faculty mentoring. Medical Teacher 1998;26(6):595-597. [ Links ]