KABIR, Firdousi et al. Cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia in HIV-positive women after excision of the transformation zone - does the grade change?. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.9, pp. 757-760.
2. AIDS and HIV information from AVERT. www.avert.org/aidssouthafrica.htm (accessed 26 February 2008). [ Links ]
3. Parham G, Sahasrabuddhe V, Mwanahamuntu M, Shepherd B, Hicks M, Stringer E. Prevalence and predictors of squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix in HIV-infected women in Lusaka, Zambia. Gynaecol Oncol 2006;103:1017-1022. [ Links ]
4. Peto J, Gilham C, Fletcher O, Matthews F. The cervical cancer epidemic that screening has prevented in the UK. Lancet 2004;364:249-256. [ Links ]
5. Soutter W, Sasieni P, Panoskaltsis T. Long-term risk of invasive cervical cancer after treatment of squamous cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Int J Cancer 2006;118:2048-2055. [ Links ]
6. Heard I, Potard V, Foulot H, Chapron C, Costagliola D, Kazatchkine M. High rate of recurrence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia after surgery in HIV-positive women. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2005;39(4):412-418. [ Links ]
7. Adam Y, van Gelderen CJ, de Bruyn G, McIntyre JA, Turton DA, Martinson NA. Predictors of persistent cytologic abnormalities after treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in Soweto, South Africa: A cohort study in a HIV high prevalence population. BMC Cancer (Research Article) 2008;8(211). [ Links ]
8. Solomon D, Davey D, Kurman R, et al. The 2001 Bethesda System.Terminology for reporting results of cervical cytology. JAMA 2002;287(16):2114-2119. [ Links ]
9. Das S, Elias A. Diagnosis and treatment of cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia in a single visit. Aust NZJ Obstet Gynaecol 1998;38(3):246-250. [ Links ]
10. Xi L, Kiviat N, Wheeler C, Kreimer A, Ho J, Koutsky L. Risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2 or 3 after loop electrosurgical excision procedure associated with human papillomavirus type 16 variants. J Infect Dis 2007;195(9):1340-1344. [ Links ]
11. Spitzer M, Chernys A, Seltzer V The use of large loop excision of the transformation zone in an inner-city population. Obstet Gynecol 1993;82:731-735. [ Links ]
12. Fruchter R, Maiman M, Sedlis A, Bartley L, Camilien L, Arrastia C. Multiple recurrences of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in women with the human immunodeficiency virus. Obstet Gynecol 1996;87:338-344. [ Links ]
13. Adam Y, van Gelderen C, Newell K. Look and Lettz: a South African experience. S Afr Med J 2008;97(2):112-122. [ Links ]