SWINGLER, George et al. Can a new paediatric sub-specialty improve child health in South Africa?. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.9, pp. 738-739.
2. McKerrow N, Mulaudzi M. Child Mortality in South Africa: Using Existing Data. South African Health Review. Durban: Health Systems Trust, 2010: 64. http://www.hst.org.za/sites/default/files/Chap5.pdf (accessed 5 October 2011). [ Links ]
3. Richter L, Norris N, Pettifor J, et al Cohort profile: Mandela's children: The 1990 birth to twenty study in South Africa. Int J Epidemiol 2007:36(3):504-511. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ije/dym016] [ Links ]
4. Coovadia H, Jewkes R, Barron P, Sanders D, McIntyre D. The health and health system of South Africa: historical roots of current public health challenges. Lancet 2009;374(9692):817-834. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(09)60951-X] [ Links ]
5. Department of Health. Human Resources for Health for South Africa: HRH Strategy for the Health [ Links ]
6. Reid SJ, Cakwe M on behalf of Collaboration for Health Equity through Education and Research (CHEER). The contribution of South African curricula to prepare health professionals for working in rural or under-served areas in South Africa: a peer review evaluation. S Afr Med J 2011;101(1):34-38. [ Links ]
7. Department of Health. National Health Insurance in South Africa. Policy Paper. Pretoria: Department of Health, August 2011. http://images.businessday.co.za/NHI.pdf (accessed 5 October 2011). [ Links ]
8. Committee on Community Health Services. The pediatrician's role in community pediatrics. Pediatrics 2005;115(4):1092-1094. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1542/peds.2004-2680] [ Links ]
9. Ranmuthugala G, Humphreys J, Solarsh G, et al. Where is the evidence that rural exposure increases uptake of rural medical practice? Aust J Rural Health 2007;15(5):285-288. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1584.2007.00915.x] [ Links ]