MYERS, Bronwyn; PETERSEN, Zaino; KADER, Rehana
PARRY, Charles D H. Moving beyond access: towards a quality-orientated substance abuse treatment system in South Africa. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.8, pp. 667-668.
2. Myers B, Burnhams NH, Fakier N. Monitoring and evaluation of substance abuse services in South Africa: implications for policy and practice. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction 2010;8:557-565. [ Links ]
3. Knott AM, Corredoira R, Kimberly J. Improving the consistency and quality of service delivery: Implications for the addiction treatment field. J Subst Abuse Treat 2008;35:99-108. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2007.09.005] [ Links ]
4. Myers B, Fakier N, Louw J. Stigma, treatment beliefs, and substance abuse treatment use in historically disadvantaged communities. African Journal of Psychiatry 2009;12:218-222. [http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ajpsy.v12i3.48497] [ Links ]
5. South African Department of Social Development. Third National Drug Master Plan 2012-2016. Draft. Pretoria: Department of Social Development, 2011. [ Links ]
6. South African Department of Health. Mini Drug Master Plan (2011/12-2013/14). Pretoria: Department of Health, 2012. [ Links ]
7. South African Department of Health. National Department of Health: Strategic Plan (2010/11-201213). Pretoria: Department of Health, 2010. [ Links ]
8. Garnick DW, Lee MT, Horgan CM, Acevedo A. Adapting Washington Circle performance measures for public sector substance abuse treatment systems. J Subst Abuse Treat 2009;36:265-277. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2008.06.008] [ Links ]
9. McCarty D. Performance measurement for systems treating alcohol and drug use disorders. J Subst Abuse Treat 2007;33:353-354. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2007.04.002] [ Links ]
10. Tiet QQ, Byrnes HF, Barnett P, Finney JW. A practical system for monitoring the outcomes of substance use disorder patients. J Subst Abuse Treat 2006;30:337-347. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2006.03.002] [ Links ]
11. Kilbourne AM, Keyser D, Pincus HA. Challenges and opportunities in measuring the quality of mental health care. Can J Psychiatry 2010;55:549-557. [ Links ]
12. Parry C, Plüddemann A, Bhana A. Monitoring alcohol and drug abuse trends in South Africa (19962006): Reflections on treatment demand trends. Contemporary Drug Problems 2009;36:685-703. [ Links ]