BERG, Astrid. Infant-parent psychotherapy at primary care level: Establishment of a service. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 582-584.
2. Western Cape Department of Health (DoH). Comprehensive Service Plan for the Implementation of Health Care 2010. Cape Town:Western Cape DoH, 2007. [ Links ]
3. Maldonado-Duran J, Lartigue T. Multimodal parent-infant psychotherapy. In: Maldonado-Duran J, ed. Infant and Toddler Mental Health.Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing Inc, 2002:129-160. [ Links ]
4. Lieberman AF, Van Horn P. Child-parent psychotherapy: A developmental approach to mental health treatment in infancy and early childhood. In: Zeanah CH, ed. Handbook of Infant Mental Health. 3rd ed. New York, London: The Guildford Press; 2009:439-449. [ Links ]
5. ZERO TO THREE. Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood: Revised edition (DC:0-3R). Washington, DC: ZERO TO THREE Press, 2005. [ Links ]
6. Patel V, Rahman A, Jacob KS, Hughes M. Effect of maternal mental health on infant growth in low income countries: new evidence from South Asia. BMJ 2004;328:820-823. [ Links ]
7. Mkhize N, Kometsi MJ. Community access to mental health services: lessons and recommendations. South African Health Research Journal 2008;103-113. [ Links ]
8. Berg A. Talking with Infants: A bridge to cross-cultural intervention. Southern African Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2002;14(1):5-14. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/16826108.2002.9632419] [ Links ]
9. Rahman A, Harrington R, Bunn J. Can maternal depression increase infant risk of illness and growth impairment in developing countries? Child: Care, Health and Development 2002;28:51-56. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2214.2002.00239.x] [ Links ]
10. Cooper PJ, Tomlinson M, Swartz L, Woolgar M, Murray L, Molteno C. Post-partum depression and the mother-infant relationship in a South African peri-urban settlement. Br J Psychiatry 1999;175:554-558. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1192/bip.175.6.554] [ Links ]
11. Coleman PK, Karraker KH. Self-efficacy and parenting quality: Findings and future applications. Dev Rev 1997;18:47-85. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/drev.1997.0448] [ Links ]
12. Knapp PK, Ammen S, Arstein-Kerslake C, Poulsen MK, Mastergeorge A. Feasibility of expanding services for very young children in the public mental health setting. J Am Acad Child Psy 2007;46(2):152-161. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/01.chi.0000246058.68544.35] [ Links ]
13. Connor DF, McLaughlin TJ, Jeffers-Terry M, et al. Targeted child psychiatric services: A new model of pediatric primary clinician-child psychiatric collaborative care. Clin Pediatr 2011;45(5):423-434. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0009922806289617] [ Links ]
14. Walker S. A description of the establishment of a new child and adolescent mental health service in the United Kingdom. J Child Adol 2010;22(1):35-39. [http://dx.doi.org/10.2989/17280583.2010.493664] [ Links ]
15. Lancet Global Mental Health Group. Scale up services for mental disorders: a call for action. Lancet 2007;370:1241-1252. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61242-2] [ Links ]