STUART-CLARK, H et al. Twelve-month outcomes of patients admitted to the acute general medical service at Groote Schuur Hospital. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 549-553.
2. Smith K, Ross D, Connolly E. Investigating six-month health outcomes of patients with angina discharged from a chest pain service. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 2002;1(4):253-264. [ Links ]
3. Herlitz J, Karlson BW, Sjolin M, Lindquist J. Ten-year mortality for patients discharged after hospitalization for chest pain or other symptoms raising suspicion of acute myocardial infarction in relation to hospital discharge diagnosis. J Intern Med 2002;251(6):526-532. [ Links ]
4. Boyd K, Murray SA. Recognising and managing key transitions in end of life care. BMJ 2010;341:c4863. [ Links ]
5. Centre National Gold Standards Framework. The GSF Prognostic Indicator Guidance. England 2008. www.goldstandardsframework.nhs.uk/./img/revistas/samj/v102n6/CrawlerResourceServer.asp (accessed February 2012). [ Links ]
6. Mahoney FI, Barthel DW. Functional evaluation: The Barthel Index. Md State Med J 1965;14:61-65. [ Links ]
7. Katz S, Downs TD, Cash HR, Grotz RC. Progress in development of the index of ADL. Gerontologist 1970;10(1):20-30. [ Links ]
8. Broomhead LR, Brett SJ. Clinical review: intensive care follow-up - what has it told us? Crit Care 2002;6(5):411-417. [ Links ]
9. Saleri N, Capone S, Pietra V, et al. Outcome and predictive factors of mortality in hospitalized HIV- patients in Burkina Faso. Infection 2009;37(2):142-147. [ Links ]
10. Boulle A, van Cutsem G, Hilderbrand K, et al. Seven-year experience of a primary care antiretroviral treatment programme in Khayelitsha, South Africa. AIDS 2010;24(4):563-572. [ Links ]
11. Wang B, Losina E, Stark R, et al. Loss to follow-up in a community clinic in South Africa - roles of gender, pregnancy and CD4 count. S Afr Med J 2011;101(4):253-257. [ Links ]
12. Dheda K, Davids V, Lenders L, et al. Clinical utility of a commercial LAM-ELISA assay for TB diagnosis in HIV-infected patients using urine and sputum samples. PLoS One 2010;5(3):e9848. [ Links ]