COOK, Colin; CARRARA, Henri
MYER, Landon. Phaco-emulsification versus manual small-incision cataract surgery in South Africa. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 537-540.
2. Zaidi FH, Corbett MC, Burton BJ, Bloom PA. Raising the benchmark for the 21st century - the 1 000 cataract operations audit and survey. Br J Ophthalmol 2007;91(6):731-736. [ Links ]
3. Hennig A, Kumar J, Yorston D, Foster A. Sutureless cataract surgery with nucleus extraction - outcome of a prospective study in Nepal. Br J Ophthalmol 2003;87(3):266-270. [ Links ]
4. Singh R, Vasavada AR, Janaswamy G. Phacoemulsification of brunescent and black cataracts. J Cataract Refract Surg 2001;27(11):1762-1769. [ Links ]
5. Gogate PM, Kulkarni SR, Krishnaiah S, Deshpande RD, Joshi SA, Palimkar A. Safety and efficacy of phacoemulsification compared with manual small incision cataract surgery by a randomized controlled clinical trial - six week results. Ophthalmology 2005;112(5):869-874. [ Links ]
6. Ruit SA, Tabin G, Chang D, Bajracharya L, Kline DC, Richheimer W. A prospective randomised clinical trial of phacoemulsification vs manual sutureless small incision extracapsular cataract surgery in Nepal. Am J Ophthalmol 2007;143(1):32-38. [ Links ]
7. Venkatesh R, Tan C, Sengupta S, Ravindran R, Krishnan K, Chang D. Phacoemulsification versus manual small incision cataract surgery for white cataract. J Cataract Refract Surg 2010;36:1849-1854. [ Links ]
8. Devereaux PJ, Bhandari M, Clarke M, et al. Need for expertise based randomised controlled trials. BrMed J 2005;330:88. [ Links ]
9. Bourne R, Minassian D, Dart J, Rosen P, Kaushal S, Wingate N. Effect of cataract surgery on the corneal endothelium - modern phacoemulsification compared with extracapsular cataract surgery Ophthalmology 2004;111(4):679-685. [ Links ]