PANDIE, Mishal; VAN DER PLAS, Helen; MAARTENS, Gary
MENDELSON, Marc. The role of the Infectious Diseases Unit at Groote Schuur Hospital in addressing South Africa's greatest burden of disease. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 528-531.
2. Provincial Government of the Western Cape. Recommendations for Policy in the Western Cape Province for the prevention of major infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis, June 2007. http://www.westerncape.gov.za/eng/pubs/reports_research/W/157844 (accessed 9 January 2012). [ Links ]
3. Shlaes DM, Gerding DN, John JF jun, et al. Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America and Infectious Diseases Society of America Joint Committee on the Prevention of Antimicrobial Resistance: Guidelines for the prevention of antimicrobial resistance in hospitals. Clin Infect Dis 1997;25:584-599. [ Links ]
4. Hassan M, Tuckman HP, Patrick RH, Kountz DS, Kohn JL. Cost of hospital-acquired infection. Hospital Topics 2010;88(3):82-89. [ Links ]
Boulle A, van Cutsem G, Hildebrand K, et al. Seven-year experience of a primary care antiretroviral treatment programme in Khayelitsha, South Africa. AIDS 2010;24: 563-572.5. [ Links ]
6. Medecins sans Frontieres. Khayelitsha 2001-2011. Activity report; 10 years of HIV/TB care at primary health care level. http://www.healthe.org.za/documents/6eadc65d79595b1a2cb0c86337161a4c.pdf (accessed 17 January 2012). [ Links ]
7. Mehta U, Durrheim DN, Blumberg L, et al. Malaria deaths as sentinel events to monitor healthcare delivery and antimalarial drug safety. Trop Med Int Health 2007;12(5):617-628. [ Links ]
8. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). Global Report: UNAIDS report on the global AIDS epidemic 2010. http://www.unaids.org/globalreport/documents/20101123GlobalReport_full_en.pdf (accessed 20 January 2012). [ Links ]
9. Boyles T, Wilkinson LS, Leisegang R, Maartens G. Factors influencing retention in care after starting antiretroviral therapy in rural South Africa. PLoS One 2011;6(5);e19201. [ Links ]