ROTHER, Hanna-Andrea. Improving poisoning diagnosis and surveillance of street pesticides. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 485-488.
2. London L, Ballie R. Challenges for improving surveillance for pesticide poisoning. Epidemiology 2001;30:564-570. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ije/30.3.564] [ Links ]
3. Bertolote JM, Fleischman A, Eddleston M, Gunnel D. Death from pesticide poisoning: a global response. Br J Psychiatry 2006;189:201-203. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.105.020834] [ Links ]
4. Rother H-A, London L. Occupational health concerns with pesticides in agriculture and beyond. Continuing Medical Education 2009;27:506-508. [ Links ]
5. Balbus JM, Harvey CE, McCurdy LE. Educational needs assessment for pediatric health care providers on pesticide toxicity. J Agromedicine 2006;11:27-38. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J096v11n01_04] [ Links ]
6. Rother H-A. Guideline for Preventing Child Pesticide Poisonings in South Africa. Cape Town: University of Cape Town, 2009. http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/oehru/dox/guidelines-managing-pesticide-poisoning.pdf (accessed 9 January 2012). [ Links ]
7. Reigart JR Roberts JR, eds. Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisoning, 5th ed.Washington: Environmental Protection Agency, 1999. http://npic.orst.edu/rmpp.htm (accessed 11 January 2012). [ Links ]
8. Rother H-A. Implications of South African women controlling poverty related pests with street pesticides. Women & Environments International Magazine 2008;76/77:36-43. [ Links ]
9. Rother H-A. Falling through the regulatory cracks: street selling of pesticides and poisoning among urban youth in South Africa. Int J Occup Environ Health 2010;16:202-213. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1179/107735210799160264] [ Links ]
10. Balme K, Roberts C, Glasstone M, Curling L, Rother HA, London L, Zar H, Mann M. Pesticide poisonings at a tertiary children's hospital in South Africa: an increasing problem. Clinical Toxicol 2010;48:928-934. [http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/15563650.2010.534482] [ Links ]
11. Rotterdam Convention. Severally Hazardous Pesticide Formulations (SHPF). http://www.pic.int/Procedures/SeverelyHazardous Pesticide Formulations/tabid/1191/language/en-US/Default.aspx (accessed 6 January 2012). [ Links ]
12. Department of Health (DoH). Pesticide/Chemical Incident Report Form PIRF. Pretoria, DoH, 2011. http://www.doh.gov.za/docs/forms/2011/pesticide_form3.pdf (accessed 9 January 2012). [ Links ]