ROSS, A. Delay in commencing treatment for MDR TB at a specialised TB treatment centre in KwaZulu-Natal. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.102, n.6, pp. 360-363.
2. World Health Organization. Multidrug and Extensively Drug-resistant TB: Global Report on Surveillance and Response. (2010). http://whqHbdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241599191_en_pdf (accessed 11 March 2011). [ Links ]
3. National Department of Health. Management of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis. National Policy Guidelines. Pretoria: NDoH, 2010. [ Links ]
4. National Department of Health. Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis. A Policy Framework on Decentralized and Deinstitutionalized Management for South Africa. Pretoria: NDoH, 2011. http://www.doh.gov.za/docs/policy/2011/policy_TB.pdf (accessed 22 December 2011). [ Links ]
5. Loddenkemper R, Hauer B. Drug-resistant tuberculosis: a worldwide epidemic poses a new challenge. Dtsch Arztebl Int 2010; 107(1-2):9-10. [http://dx.doi.org/10.3238/arztebl.2010.0010]. [ Links ]
6. World Health Organization. Molecular Line Probe Assays for Rapid Screening of Patients at Risk of Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis. A Policy Statement. June, 2008. http://www.who.int/tb/laboratory/lpa_policy.pdf (accessed 22 December 2011). [ Links ]
7. Bamford CM, Taljaard JJ. Potential for nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB) in a South African hospital SAfr Med J 2010;100(7):438-441. [ Links ]
8. Institute of Medicine (IOM). The Emerging Threat of Drug-resistant Tuberculosis in Southern Africa: Global and local Challenges and Solutions (Summary of a joint workshop). Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2011. [ Links ]
9. Johnson R, Warren G, van der Spuy N, et al. Drug-resistant tuberculosis epidemic in the Western Cape driven by a virulent Beijing genotype strain. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2010;14:119-121. [ Links ]
10. Chern JPS, Chen DR, Wen T. Delayed treatment of diagnosed pulmonary tuberculosis in Taiwan. BMC Public Health 2008;8:236 [http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-8-236]. [ Links ]
11. Farah MG, Rygh JH, Steen TW, Selmer R, Heldal E, Bjune G. Patient and health systems delays in the start of tuberculosis treatment in Norway. BMC Infect Dis 2006;6:33 [http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2334-6-33]. [ Links ]
12. National Health Laboratory Service. Gene Expert Implementation. http://www.nhls.ac.za/?page=genexpert_implementation&id=69 (accessed 4 January 2012). [ Links ]
13. National Department of Health. South African HIV ART Guidelines. Pretoria: NDoH, 2010. [ Links ]