SWANEPOEL, De Wet
HALL III, James W. Football match spectator sound exposure and effect on hearing: A pretest-post-test study. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online].
vol.100, n.4, pp. 239-242.
2. Swanepoel D, Hall III JW, Koekemoer D. Vuvuzela - good for your team, bad for your ears. S Afr Med J 2010; 100: 99-100. [ Links ]
3. Directive 2003/10/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 February 2003 on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to the risks arising from physical agents (noise). Official Journal of the European Union L42 of 15.2.2003, p. 38. [ Links ]
4. ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Acoustics - Determination of Occupational Noise Exposure and Estimation of Noise-Induced Hearing Impairment. 2nd ed. Geneva: ISO, 1990 (Reference No. ISO 1999 1990(E)). [ Links ]
5. Clark WW, Bohne BA. Effects of noise on hearing. JAMA 1999; 281: 1658-1659. [ Links ]
6. Potier M, Hoquet C, Lloyd R, Nicolas-Puel C, Uziel A, Puel JC. The risks of amplified music for disc-jockeys working in nightclubs. Ear Hear 2009; 30: 291-293. [ Links ]
7. Bhagat SP, Davis AM. Modification of otoacoustic emissions following ear-level exposure to MP3 player music. Int J Audiol 2008; 47: 751-760. [ Links ]
8. Vinck BM, Van Cauwenberge PB, Leroy L, Corthals P. Sensitivity of transient evoked and distortion product otoacoustic emissions to the direct effects of noise on the human cochlea. Audiology 1999; 38: 44-52. [ Links ]
9. The Measurement and Assessment of Occupational Noise for Hearing Conservation purposes. Pretoria: South African National Standards, 2004 (SANS10083:2004). [ Links ]
10. Attias J, Horovitz G, El-Hatib N, Nageris B. Detection and clinical diagnosis of noise-induced hearing loss by otoacoustic emissions. Noise Health 2001; 3: 19-31. [ Links ]
11. Korres GS, Balatsouras DG, Tzagaroulakis A, Kandiloros D, Ferekidou E, Korres S. Distortion product otoacoustic emissions in an industrial setting. Noise Health 2009; 11: 103-110. [ Links ]
12. Ceranic B. The value of otoacoustic emissions in investigations of noise damage. Audiol Med 2007; 5: 10-24. [ Links ]