DUNN, Robert Neil and VAN DER SPUY, Dirk. Rugby and cervical spine injuries: has anything changed? A 5-year review in the Western Cape. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online]. 2010, vol.100, n.4, pp. 235-238. ISSN 0256-9574.
2. Fuller CW. Catastrophic injury in rugby union: is the level of risk acceptable? Sports Med 2008; 38(12): 975-986. [ Links ]
3. Noakes TD, Jakoet I, Baalbergen E. An apparent reduction in the incidence and severity of spinal cord injuries in schoolboy rugby players in the Western Cape since 1990. S Afr Med J 1999; 89: 540-545. [ Links ]
4. Quarrie KL, Gianotti SM, Hopkins WG, Hume PA. Effect of nationwide injury prevention programme on serious spinal injuries in New Zealand rugby union: ecological study. BMJ 2007: 334; 1150-1153. [ Links ]
5. Silver JR. The impact of the 21st century on rugby injuries. Spinal Cord 2002; 40: 552-559. [ Links ]
6. Quarrie KL, Cantu RC, Chalmers DJ. Rugby union injuries to the cervical spine and spinal cord. Sports Med 2002; 32(10): 633-653. [ Links ]
7. Fuller CW, Brooks JH, Kemp SP. Spinal injuries in professional rugby union: a prospective cohort study. Clin J Sport Med 2007; 17(1): 10-16. [ Links ]
8. Kenneth A, Gerhart MS. Spinal cord injury outcomes in a population-based sample. J Trauma 1991; 31(11): 1529-1535 [ Links ]