VRIES, Elma de and MEMBERS OF THE COLLABORATION FOR HEALTH EQUITY THROUGH EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (CHEER) et al. Career plans of final-year medical students in South Africa. SAMJ, S. Afr. med. j. [online]. 2010, vol.100, n.4, pp. 227-228. ISSN 0256-9574.
2. Wilson NW, Couper ID, De Vries E, Reid S, Fish T, Marais BJ. A critical review of interventions to redress the inequitable distribution of healthcare professionals to rural and remote areas. Rural and Remote Health 2009; 9(2): 1060-1081. [ Links ]
3. McKinstry B. Are there too many female medical graduates? BMJ 2008; 336: 748-749. [ Links ]
4. Redman S, Saltman D, Straton J, Young B, Paul C. Determinants of career choices among women and men medical students and interns. Med Educ 1994; 28(5): 361-371. [ Links ]
5. Sanfey HA, Saalwachter-Schulman AR, Nyhof-Young JM, Eidelson B, Mann BD. Influences on medical student career choice: gender or generation? Arch Surg 2006; 141(11): 1086-1094. [ Links ]
6. Wynchank DR, Granier SK. Opinions of medical students at the University of Cape Town on emigration, conscription and compulsory community service. S Afr Med J 1991; 79(9): 532-535. [ Links ]