DOUGLAS, Tania S. Is the master's degree being neglected in the discourse on postgraduate education?. S. Afr. j. sci. [online].
vol.108, n.3-4, pp. 17-17.
2. Cooper D. The university in development. Cape Town: HSRC Press; 2011. [ Links ]
3. Matlin S, Samuels G. The global health research and innovation system (GHRIS). Lancet. 2009;374:1662-1663. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(09)61912-7 [ Links ]
4. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The measurement of scientific and technological activities. Paris: OECD; 2005. [ Links ]
5. Huisman J. The Europe of knowledge 2020: A vision for university-based research and innovation. Liège: European Commission, Directorate for Science and Society; 2004. [ Links ]
6. Herman C. Expanding doctoral education in South Africa: Pipeline or pipedream? Higher Educ Res Dev. 2011;30(4):505-517. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2010.527928 [ Links ]
7. Rybicki E. Funding constrains PhD production. S Afr J Sci. 2011;107(7/8), Art. #798, 1 page. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajs.v107i7/8.798 [ Links ]
8. Gibbons M. The disempowered supervisors. S Afr J Sci. 2011;107(3/4), Art. #639, 1 page. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajs.v107i3/4.639 [ Links ]
9. Mlambo M. Concerted intervention needed to escalate PhD numbers: A comment. S Afr J Sci. 2010;106(11/12), Art. #498, 2 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajs.v106i11/12.498 [ Links ]
10. Department of Education. Higher education qualifications framework. Government Gazette 2007 October 5;30353. [ Links ]