SELLERS, E.; FURTNEY, J.; ONEDERRA, I.
CHITOMBO, G.. Improved understanding of explosive-rock interactions using the hybrid stress blasting model. J. S. Afr. Inst. Min. Metall. [online].
vol.112, n.8, pp. 721-728.
2. Bye, A.R., Little, M.J., and Mossop, D.H. 2005. Slope stability risk management at Anglo Platinum's Sandsloot open pit. 1st International. Seminar on Strategic versus Tactical Approaches in Mining, Sandton, South Africa, September 2005. pp. 205-224. [ Links ]
3. Cundall, P.A. and Detournay, C. 2008 Modeling shock and detonation waves with FLAC. Proceedings of the 1st International FLAC/DEM Symposium on Numerical Modeling, 25-27 August, Minneapolis, USA. [ Links ]
4. Cunningham, C.V.B. 2005. The Kuz-Ram fragmentation model - 20 years on. Third EFEE World Conference on Explosives and Blasting, Brighton, UK, Holmberg, R. et al. (eds). European Federation of Explosives Engineers, 2005. pp. 201-210. [ Links ]
5. Furtney, J.K., Cundall, P.A., and Chitombo, G.D. 2009, Developments in numerical modeling of blast induced rock fragmentation: Updates from the HSBM project. Fragblast 9. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting. Granada, Spain, September 2009. pp. 335-342 [ Links ]
6. Furtney, J., Sellers E., and Onederra, I. 2012. Simple models for high pressure gas flow during blasting. International Society of Explosives Engineers. Nashville, Tennessee. [ Links ]
7. Furtney, J.K., Cundall, P.A., Onederra, I., and Sellers, E. 2011. Numerical modeling of rock blasting: validation tests for blo-up. continuum and distinct element numerical modelling. Geomechanics, 2011. 2nd International. FLAC/DEM Symposium, Melbourne, Australia. Sainsbury, D. etal. (eds). Itasca. pp. 359-368. [ Links ]
8. Itasca Consulting Group, Inc. 2008. LAC (Fast Lagrangian Analysis of Continua), Version 6.0. Minneapolis, USA. [ Links ]
9. Naidoo, V. 2006. Presplit project. Workshop for Explosive Engineers, AEL Mining. [ Links ]
10. Oageng, K., Joseph, R.O., and Munyadzwe, I. 2008. Perimeter control at Orapa Diamond Mine. Surface Mining Conference. The Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. pp. 137-152. [ Links ]
11. Onederra, I. and Esen, S. 2004. An alternative approach to determine the Holmberg-Persson constants for modelling near field peak particle velocity attenuation. Fragblast, vol. 8, no. 2. pp. 61-84. [ Links ]
12. Onederra, I. and Grobler, H. 2004 Single and multiple hole blasting tests. Report submitted to the HSBM Project. [ Links ]
13. Onederra, I., Cundall, P., Furtney J., and Chitombo, G. 2009, Towards a complete validation of the lattice scheme in the Hybrid Stress Blasting Model (HSBM). Fragblast 9. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting, Granada, Spain, September 2009. pp. 343-351 [ Links ]
14. Potyondy, D.O. and Cundall, P.A. 2004. A bonded-particle model for rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, vol. 41. pp. 1329-1364. [ Links ]
15. Rogers, W., Kanchibotla, S.S., Tordoir, A., Ako, S., Engmann, E., and Bisiaux, B. 2012. Understanding blast movement and its impacts on grade control at Ahafo Gold Mine in Ghana. International Society of Explosives Engineers. Nashville, Tennessee. [ Links ]
16. Sellers, E., Furtney, J., and Onederra, I. 2012. Field-scale modelling of blasting in kimberlite using the Hybrid Stress Blasting Model. International Society of Explosive Engineers. Nashville, Tennessee. [ Links ]
17. Sellers, E., Kotze, M., Dipenaar, L., and Ruest, M. 2009. Large scale concrete cube blasts for the HSBM model,Sanchidrian, J.A. (ed). Fragblast 9. Proceedings of the 9th International. Symposium on Rock Fragmentation, Granada, Spain, 13-17 September. [ Links ]
18. Sellers, E.J. 2011 Controlled blasting for safety - examples and illustrations. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 111, no. 1. pp. 11-17. [ Links ]