REYNOLDS, Q.G.. The dual-electrode DC arc furnace-modelling brush arc conditions. J. S. Afr. Inst. Min. Metall. [online].
vol.112, n.7, pp. 605-611.
2. NAUDE, C.P. and SHAPIRO, M.D. Implementation of the first commercial scale DC smelter for ferronickel production from low grade laterite ores— technology building blocks and lessens learned. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 110, no. 12, December 2010. pp. 725-732. [ Links ]
3. GREYLING, F.P. and GREYLING, H.W. DC Brush Arc Furnace for Ferrochrome Production. South African Patent Application 2010/06472, 2010. [ Links ]
4. REYNOLDS, Q.G. The dual-electrode DC arc furnace—modelling insights. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 111, no. 10, October 2011. pp. 697-703. [ Links ]
5. WALKER, C., SUTHERLAND, K., MARSHALL, B., GELDENHUIS, J.M.A., ELS, J., VOERMANN, N., and WASMUND, B. Conversion to partially open bath smelting on Highveld ironmaking furnaces. Proceedings of the European Metallurgical Conference2007, June 11-14, Dusseldorf (Germany), 2007. pp. 895-914. [ Links ]
6. STEINBERG, W.S. Development of a control strategy for the open slag bath furnaces at Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation Ltd. MIng dissertation, University of Pretoria (South Africa), 2008. [ Links ]
7. REYNOLDS, Q.G., JONES, R.T., and REDDY, B.D. Mathematical and computational modelling of the dynamic behaviour of direct current plasma arcs. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 110, no. 12, December 2010. pp. 733-742. [ Links ]
8. REYNOLDS, Q.G. and REDDY, B.D. Some aspects of dynamic computational modelling of direct current plasma arc phenomena. Proceedings of Coupled Problems 2011, June 20-22, Kos Island (Greece), 2011. Paper no. p. 135. [ Links ]
9. BOWMAN, B. Properties of arcs in DC furnaces. Proceedings of the 52nd Electric Furnace Conference, November 13-16, Nashville (USA), 1994. pp. 111-120. [ Links ]
10. http://www.fftw.org. [ Links ]