FALCãO NEVES, P.; COSTA E SILVA, M.
NAVARRO TORRES, V.F.. Evaluation of elastic deformation energy in stone cutting of Portuguese marbles with a diamond saw. J. S. Afr. Inst. Min. Metall. [online].
vol.112, n.5, pp. 413-418.
2. BRACH, K., PAI, D.M., RATTERMAN, E., and SHAW, M. C. Grinding forces and energy. Journal of Engineering/or Industry, vol. 110, 1988. pp. 25-31. [ Links ]
3. FALCAO NEVES, P. Rock cutting geomechanics. MsSc Thesis. Technical Superior Institute, Technical university of Lisbon, 1993. [ Links ]
4. MALKIN, S. Grinding Tecnology: Theory and Application of Machining with Abrasives. Wiley, New York, Reprint by SME, 1989. [ Links ]
5. HWANG, T.W. Grinding energy and mechanism for ceramics. Ph.D. dissertation, university of Massachusetts, Amherst, uSA. 1997. [ Links ]
6. XIPENG, X. FRICTION studies on the process in circular sawing of granites. Tribology Letters. J.C. Baltzer, (ed.) AG Science Publishers, vol. 7, 1999. p. 221-227. [ Links ]
7. XIPENG, XU and LIAN, LI. Forces and energy in circular sawing and grinding of granite. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. Transactions of the ASME, vol. 123, 2001. pp. 13-22. [ Links ]
8. COPUR, H., BILGIN, N., TUNCDEMIR, H., and BALCI, C. A set of indices based on indentation tests for assessment of rock cutting performance and rock properties. Journal of The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 103, no. 9, 2003, pp. 589-600. [ Links ]
9. ATICI, A. and ERSOY, A. Specific energy prediction for circular diamond saw in cutting different types of rocks using multivariable linear regression analysis. Journal of Mining Science, vol. 41, no. 3, 2005. pp. 240-260. [ Links ]
10. ATICI, A. and ERSOY, A. Correlation of specific energy of cuttings saws and drilling bits with rock brittleness and destruction energy. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 209, 2009. pp. 2602-2612. [ Links ]
11. GUNAYDIN, O., KAHRAMAN, S., and FENER, M. Sawability prediction of carbonate rocks from brittleness indexes. Journal of the South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 104, no. 4, 2004. pp. 239-244. [ Links ]
12. GOKTAN, R.M. and YILMAZ, N.G. A new methodology for the analysis of the relationship between rock brittleness index and drag pick cutting efficiency. Journal of The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, November, vol. 105, no. 10, 2005. pp. 727-733. [ Links ]
13. ALTINDAG, R. Assessment of some brittleness indexes in rock-drilling efficiency. Rock Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 43, 2010. pp. 361-370. [ Links ]
14. ALTINDAG, R and DENKHAUS, H.G. Brittleness and drillability: Comment on 'The evaluation of rock brittleness concept on rotary blast hole drills' and 'Correlation of specific energy with rock brittleness concepts on rock cutting'. Journal of The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 103, no. 8, 2003. pp. 523-524. [ Links ]
15. NISHIMATSU. THe mechanics of rock cutting. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science. Pergamon Press, vol. 9, 1972. pp. 261-270. [ Links ]
16. DAGRAIN, F., RICHARD, T., and GERMAY, C. The Rock Strength Device : A scratching apparatus to determine rock properties. Proceedings of the 7th National Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (NCTAM2006), May 29-30, 2006. Faculté Polytechnique de Mons, Mons, Belgium. [ Links ]
17. GNIRK, P.F. and CHEATHAM, J.B. An experimental study of single-bit tooth penetration into dry rock at confining pressures of 0-5000 psi. Transaction of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, no. 234 (II), 1965. pp. 117-130. [ Links ]
18. TONSHOFF, H.K., HILLMANN-APMANN, H., and ASCHE, J. Diamond tools in stone and civil engineering: cutting principles, wear and applications, Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 11, 2002. pp. 736-741. [ Links ]
19. ERTINGSHAUSEN, W. Wear processs in sawing hard stone. Industrial Diamond Review, vol 45, no. 5, 1985. pp. 254-258. [ Links ]
20. COSTA e SILVA, M.M. Backfilling by tailings to the improvement of post-pillars behaviour, PhD Thesis, iST/uTL. 1995. Lisbon. [ Links ]
21. KONSTANTY, J. Theoretical analysis of stone sawing with diamonds.Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Elsevier Science., vol. 123, 2002. pp. 146-154. [ Links ]