versão On-line ISSN 2225-2010
versão impressa ISSN 2225-2002
The African Journal of Laboratory Medicine, the official journal of ASLM, focuses on the role of the laboratory and its professionals in the clinical and public healthcare sectors, and is specifically based on an African frame of reference.
Emphasis is on all aspects that promote and contribute to the laboratory medicine practices of Africa. This includes, amongst others:
• biomedical scientists and clinicians
• medical community, public health officials and policy makers
• laboratory systems and policies (translation of laboratoryknowledge, practices and technologies in clinical care)
• interfaces of laboratory with medical science
• laboratory-based epidemiology
• laboratory investigations
• evidence-based effectiveness in real world (actual) settings.
The African Journal of Laboratory Medicine was launched in association with the African Society of Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) and AOSIS in 2011.
ASLM strives towards bridging the communication gap between physicians and laboratory personnel by fostering communication, laboratory capacity, quality standards, education and infrastructure by means of the publication of the African Journal of Laboratory Medicine.
The journal encourages scholarly exchange amongst biomedical scientists and clinicians, public health officials, the medical community and policy makers across Africa and casts a deserving spotlight on African medical laboratory researchers.
The journal publishes original research, scientific letters on matters of general interest, in-depth and critical reviews, opinion papers and case studies. We welcome your submission to the journal.