versión On-line ISSN 2309-9070
Tydskr. letterkd. vol.45 no.1 Pretoria ene. 2008
Identity and rediscovery - Andries Visagie interviews Marita van der Vyver and Ingrid Winterbach
Full text available only in PDF format.
1. On Saturday, 25 March 2006, Andries Visagie conducted this public interview with Afrikaans writers Marita van der Vyver and Ingrid Winterbach during the 9th Time of the Writer Festival in the Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre in Durban. The festival is organised annually by die Centre for Creative Arts based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. Some of the other writers participating in the festival were Chris Abani, José Eduardo Agualusa, Abdelkader Benali, Bernardine Evaristo, Amitav Ghosh, Kagiso Lesego Molope, Ishtiyaq Shukri and Eliot Weinberger. I would like to thank Loraine Prinsloo for helping me with the transcription of the interview.
2. See J. C. Kannemeyer's Die Afrikaanse literatuur 1652-2004 (Cape Town, Pretoria: Human & Rousseau, 2005), 625.
3. See J. van Zyl's article "Antjie se asem" (Die Burger, 13 December 2002), 17.
4. Marita van der Vyver read from the short story "Circular Flight" in Short Circuits (translated by Laura Seegers, Cape Town: Tafelberg, 2005), 205-206, 189-216; Ingrid Winterbach read from The Elusive Moth (translated by Iris Gouws, Cape Town, Pretoria: Human & Rousseau, 2005), 14-17, 78.
5. Van der Vyver is referring to her novel Time Out (2006).