SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.72 issue4'Something is recognised': A liberal Protestant reflection on Erik Borgman's cultural theologyThe theory-practice distinction and the complexity of practical knowledge author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand

Article

Indicators

Related links

  • On index processCited by Google
  • On index processSimilars in Google

Share


HTS Theological Studies

On-line version ISSN 2072-8050
Print version ISSN 0259-9422

Abstract

VAN DER MERWE, Johan. Partners in history: The Dutch Reformed Church and theological training at the University of Pretoria: 1938-2000. Herv. teol. stud. [online]. 2016, vol.72, n.4, pp.1-10. ISSN 2072-8050.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/hts.v72i4.3416.

The Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria celebrates its centenary in 2017. Theological training at the university started in 1917 when the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk van Afrika decided to train its own ministers. In 1937 the Dutch Reformed Church decided to establish a faculty of its own at the university. This led to a faculty with two sections: Section A for the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk and Section B for the Dutch Reformed Church. This was the situation until 2000 when the two faculties merged to become one. Although theological training by the Dutch Reformed Church only started in 1938, their faculty, Section B was an important partner through the 100 years of theological training. This article gives a chronology of the history of the Faculty of Theology Section B as partner in the history of theological training at the University of Pretoria.

        · text in English     · English ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License