Scope and editorial policy
SAJOT publishes research covering all the different aspects of occupational therapy.
The journal includes articles, editorial comment, scientific letters, book reviews, guest editorials, commentaries, letters to the editor and opinion pieces.
All manuscripts are subject to a double–blind review process handled by the editorial team.
Although articles are published in English, abstracts may also be provided in Afrikaans or the Vernacular.
Manuscript format and layout
Manuscripts must be clearly typed in Microsoft Word, double–spaced with a legible font (Arial size 11 is preferable).
Authors should not assume that the readers know the context in which the article is set. This needs to be clarified by providing definitions of key terms and concepts. The context needs to be organised in a coherent and logical manner.
Conclusions must be brief, drawing the article to a close and containing no new information.
Articles should contain the following:
Abstract and keywords, an introduction and literature review, Details of the research methods used, the results of the research as well a discussion of results and the implications for the profession and a conclusion.
All manuscripts must be submitted via www.sajot.co.za. Prior to submission the title page of the article containing the article title, the full names, qualifications and affiliations and contact details of all authors must be emailed to the editor at email@example.com so that a user name and password can be issued to enable users access to the article submission part of the web site.
Ensure the following:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- 2The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect document file format.
- All references are checked to see that they comply with the requirements (see author guidelines). Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.5 spaced; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed on separate pages with their place in the text clearly indicated.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in "About the Journal".
- The instructions for Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- A colleague has read the article to check inconsistencies, spelling and grammar.
- Multiple Choice Questions have been emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition it is advisable to attach these in the supplementary data section.
- The details of all the authors have been included in the Step III – Entering the submissions metadata and includes the following:
- Full names and all qualifications of all authors and where these were obtained eg BSc OT (University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg).
- Place of employment / affiliations of all authors. Contact details of all authors including email address, phone number and address
- Ethical approval for the study has been sought and explained and an approval number is given.
- The title of the article is on the article submission
[About the Journal] [Editorial
Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA)
P O Box 1165, Hatfield, Pretoria, Gauteng, ZA, 0028,
Tel: +27 12 362 5457