The South African Journal of Industrial Engineering (SAJIE) publishes articles with the emphasis on research, development and application within the fields of Industrial Engineering and Engineering and Technology Management. In this way, it aims to contribute to the further development of these fields of study and to serve as a vehicle for the effective interchange of knowledge, ideas and experience between the research and training oriented institutions and the application oriented industry. Articles on practical applications, original research and meaningful new developments as well as state of the art surveys are encouraged.
SAJIE publishes editorials, guest editorials, feature articles, general articles and case studies.
Open Access Policy
The journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Language: English with abstracts in both English and Afrikaans.
Peer Review Process
All articles are subjected to a double blind peer review process. The review also includes plagiarism test conducted at various points in the process.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
All submissions must as per the following guidelines.
- It is required that all authors have their draft article reviewed for language proficiency before submitting. Sometimes excellent submissions have to be drastically amended or even rejected because of linguistic ineptitude.
- The editors reserve the right to make minor editorial adjustments without consulting the author.
- The use of abbreviations should be avoided as far as possible.
- Manuscripts of no longer than 15 pages (5 000 – 6 000 words) must be submitted in MS Word format.
- Authors are required to conform to the instructions and format below.
- A template for use by authors is available for downloading.
- The Trebuchet font at 9 point size, single spacing and a page margin of 20 mm along the sides and 20 mm at the top and 25 along the bottom, gutter 10 mm, gutter position left, with full justification, should be used on B5 paper size. Header and footer layout 15 mm.
- Figures and tables should fit within the prescribed margins and should form an integral part of the article and be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals. Labelling and lettering of figures and tables should be Trebuchet at 8 point size.
- References in the text should be by author with the reference number in square brackets e.g. Li. The required reference format is illustrated below.
- The Title Page should conform to the following centred format. The text of the article should only start on the next page.
- Photographs must be supplied in TIFF or JPEG format at least 300 dpi for good quality reproduction.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in a Microsoft Word 2007 or later file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in ensuring a blind review have been followed.
[About the journal] [Editorial
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
The Southern African Institute for Industrial Engineering
P.O. Box 96002, Waterkloof, Pretoria, Gauteng, ZA, 0145,
Tel: +27 12 420 6478